- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (or more to taste)
- 2 slightly rounded tablespoons Vietnamese dark-roast ground coffee (I use Trung Nguyen Gourmet Blend)
- Heat water until it just barely begins to boil.
- While water is heating, put sweetened condensed milk in a heatproof (12-14 ounce) glass. Remove screen insert from the Phin filter and add coffee. Tap the filter slightly to evenly spread out the coffee grounds. Place screen insert on top of coffee and place filter over the glass.
- When water is ready, pour a splash (about 1-2 tablespoons) of the hot water into filter to allow coffee grounds to expand and bloom. When coffee begins to drip through, add remaining water. Depending on the size of your filter you may need to wait for some of the coffee to drip out before adding more water. Place lid on filter and let coffee drip into glass. Once almost all of the water is drained and coffee has stopped dripping (4-7 minutes), remove the filter and stir until sweetened condensed milk is evenly mixed into the coffee. Add ice, stir again, and serve. Add extra sweetened condensed milk, if desired.