- Olive oil or garlic infused olive oil (see Notes)
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Mild blue cheese (I used a gorgonzola), at room temperature
- Peaches, with our without peel, sliced
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Put bread on the grill and cook until nicely toasted on both sides.
- Spread blue cheese on the grilled bread and top with peach slices. Drizzle with honey and serve.
To make garlic infused olive oil, put 1/2 cup olive oil and 2-3 crushed garlic cloves in a small saucepan. Warm the olive oil over low heat just until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and let stand 4-8 minutes (the longer you let it stand the stronger the garlic flavor will be). Then remove and discard the garlic cloves and brush oil on bread.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2014.