- 1 pound Texas mushrooms including shiitakes (stems removed), oyster, and criminis (gills removed), roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing on bread
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped herbs such as thyme, parsley, and rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 12–14 slices seedy baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 12–14 slices of Raclette cheese (about 1/8–1/4 inch thick and wide enough to cover the entire toast)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place mushrooms on a roasting pan and roast until the mushrooms have shrunken and have little color, about 15-20 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms with olive oil and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil on both sides then lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the bread is lightly toasted, 8-10 minutes.
- Mound toasted bread with a spoonful of mushrooms and a slice of Raclette.
- Place assembled Mushroom Toasts in the hot oven or under a broiler for 30 seconds or until cheese is just melted.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason and Becca Kerr of Little Kitchen HTX.