This homemade cranberry jelly is easy to make with only 3 ingredients and is so much better than the canned stuff.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Cook cranberries: Put cranberries and water in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low. Simmer cranberry mixture, stirring often to prevent sticking, until the sauce thickens and the cranberries have burst, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain: Pour mixture through a fine sieve set over a second saucepan, pressing very firmly on solids to release as much juice as possible (I also scrape the outside of the sieve with another clean spatula to help release the juice).
- Mold: Stir sugar into strained cranberry mixture and cook over medium low heat for 2-4 minutes, until all the sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick enough to leave tracks in the pan when stirred with a wooden spoon or spatula. Pour cranberry mixture into desired mold(s) and chill until firm.
- Cranberry jelly can be kept covered and chilled in the refrigerator for 4 days. Keep the jelly in the mold until ready to serve.
- See notes in posts for tips for unmolding.
Keywords: homemade cranberry jelly, molded cranberry jelly, Thanksgiving cranberry jelly