I can’t believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I’m totally behind on all the prep work but before I go off to help with the dessert baking, cranberry jelly making, veggie chopping, and turkey brining, I wanted to share this great recipe for these satsuma orange vodka cocktails. It does require an overnight infusion of the vodka so it might not work for Thanksgiving but it would be lovely for Christmas and New Year’s with it’s bright orange color. Garnish the cocktail with a few pomegranate seeds for a little pop of holiday color.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 satsuma mandarin oranges, peeled
- ¾ cup Grand Marnier
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup satsuma infused vodka
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate liqueur
- ¼ cup sparkling water or to taste
- Lime slice, for garnish
- Combine vodka, sugar, and satsumas in a food processor or blender; process until pureed. Refrigerate orange mixture for at least 8 hours or overnight. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a 4 cup measuring cup or large bowl, pressing to extract juice. Discard solids. Stir in Grand Marnier and lime juice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add satsuma vodka and pomegranate liqueur. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a slice of lime.