- 1/3 pound very thinly sliced prosciutto (about 12 slices)
- 1 pound peaches, at room temperature, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half crosswise and arrange them in a fan on 4 salad plates, dividing them equally.
- Put the cut peaches in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter just begins to brown, add the bay leaf, thyme, peaches, and balsamic vinegar. Gently stir for about 1 minute. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the arugula, and toss with tongs until the arugula wilts just slightly. Divide the arugula and peaches among the 4 plates and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Michael Chiarello’s Casual Cooking cookbook.