- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Tomato slices
- Shaved parmesan, optional
- 2 pretzel rolls, split in half horizontally
- Softened butter
- To hard-boil the eggs, place them in a saucepan just large enough to hold them. Add cold water to cover by 1 inch and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the pan from the heat and cover. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs, then transfer to a bowl of cold water and let cool until you are able to peel them.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into a medium dice. Place the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the mayo, truffle oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix gently until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Butter the cut side of the rolls. Toast the rolls until lightly browned.
- Place lettuce on the bottom half of each roll. Then top with egg salad, equally dividing the egg salad between the two rolls. Add tomato slices and shaved parmesan, if using. Top with other half of roll and serve.