A Texas version of the classic Moscow Mule thanks to some prickly pear syrup made with prickly pear jam.
- 4 tablespoons Vela Farms Texas prickly pear jelly
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 3/4 cup ginger beer
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Make syrup: Warm the jelly in a small saucepan over high heat; stir until the jelly is melted and pourable.
- Shake: Pour the jelly into a cocktail shaker. Add the lime juice, vodka, and ice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain and serve: Strain into a cocktail glass and top with ginger beer. Garnish with mint leaves.
Keywords: texas mule, texas moscow mule, moscow mule cocktail