- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more depending on how creamy you like your deviled eggs)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons finely minced smoked salmon
- 12 slivers smoked salmon, for garnish (optional)
- 12 sprigs fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Then rinse eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
- Combine eggs yolks with other ingredients (except for those used for garnishing) until mixture is well combined. Using a small spoon, fill each egg white half with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish with a sliver of smoked salmon and a tiny sprig of dill, if desired.