- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced carrots (medium to large dice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons pure sesame oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Chopped green onions, for serving
- Fried eggs, for serving, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli and carrots in a single layer on one half of a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables with the oils and seasonings until vegetables are evenly coated.
- In a medium bowl, toss the rice with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, oyster sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil until the rice is evenly coated.
- Spread the rice out next to the vegetables on the sheet sheet.
- Roast the vegetables and rice in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Toss the shredded chicken with the soy sauce mixture until the chicken is evenly coated.
- After the vegetables and rice have roasted for 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. With a spatula, toss the vegetables around on the pan. Then toss the rice around, scraping up any stuck-on pieces.
- Move the vegetables and rice as needed to make room for the chicken. Add the chicken to the pan then return the pan to the oven. Continue roasting for another 7-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and nicely charred, and chicken is slightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss everything together. Serve rice with green onions, cilantro, and fried eggs, if desired.
Keywords: how to make fried rice in oven, oven fried rice, sheet pan fried rice