Quick and easy sautéed tilapia fillets topped with a garlic butter herb sauce flavored with Dijon and prosciutto.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (5 to 6 ounce) skinless tilapia fillets
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Make butter: Mix butter with parsley, garlic, shallots, Dijon mustard, prosciutto, and lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper then stir until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Cook fish: Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. When oil is shimmering, add fish fillets top side down and until fish is almost cooked through and the underside is deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fillets over.
- Top with butter: Using a small offset spatula, spread butter mixture over the top of each fillet, evenly dividing butter among the fillets. Cook for 1-2 minutes more or until fish is just cooked through and butter mixture has melted into the fish. Serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com.
Keywords: sautéed tilapia, how to cook tilapia, tilapia fillets