- 4 cups cottage cheese (non-fat, low-fat, or whole milk)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free multi-purpose flour (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Your favorite fruit jam, jelly, or preserves
- Blend cottage cheese, eggs, flour, oil, and salt in a blender until smooth, scraping down sides of the blender pitcher as necessary.
- Heat a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot (To test it, flick a little water into the pan. The water should skitter across the surface.) Lightly coat the skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Working in batches, for each pancake, pour a scant ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface, the edges are a little dry and the underside is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Spread desired amount of jam on each pancake, roll up (or fold in half), and enjoy.
I used King Arthur gluten-free multi-purpose flour blend. You can also use unbleached all-purpose flour if you don’t need a gluten-free version.
The pancake batter can be mixed up ahead of time and stored, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.