- 4 ( ¼ to ⅓ pound) Atlantic cod fillets (or other firm white fish such as grouper), skim removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels cut from 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Limes wedges, for serving
- Generously season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets and cook, turning once, until fish is browned on both sides and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer the fish to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Heat the pan again over medium-high heat, add green onions and corn kernels and toss to combine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Spread the mixture into an even layer in the pan and let cook without moving until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Toss corn, stir, and repeat until corn is just tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream. Let mixture simmer briefly and then remove from heat. Stir in paprika, lime juice, and cilantro. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, divide corn mixture among four plates. Top each plate with a fish fillet and a squeeze of lime.