- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup very small broccoli florets
- 2 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat 8 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions and sauté until onions are tender. Transfer onions to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Return skillet to the heat and add broccoli florets. When broccoli begins to soften, add a few teaspoons of water to help cook the broccoli. When broccoli is tender-crisp and water has evaporated, season broccoli with salt and pepper. Divide broccoli evenly among muffin cups.
- Wipe out the skillet and return pan to the heat. Add bacon and cook bacon until crisp and lightly browned. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain and then divide bacon evenly among muffin cups.
- Crack eggs into the bowl with the green onions. Add milk, salt, and pepper; stir with a whisk until well combined. Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until just set. Cool on a wire rack for 2 to 3 minutes; run a thin knife around edge of each frittata to release from pan. Remove frittatas from pan to serve.
If there is excess water on the broccoli, pat the broccoli dry before adding them to the muffin pan.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.