Roasted mahi-mahi served with a Thai inspired sauce of coconut milk and red curry paste.
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions plus more for serving
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets (or other firm white fish such as grouper)
- Steamed rice for serving
- Combine first 7 ingredients (coconut milk through fish sauce) in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and green onions. Set aside to cool slightly. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the sauce for marinating the fish. Save the remainder to serve later.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place fish fillets on top. Season fish with salt and pepper then brush fish with the 1/4 cup of reserved sauce.
- Cook fish in oven until opaque in center, 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Serve fish with hot rice and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and scallions, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit, July 2010.
Keywords: mahi mahi, coconut curry sauce, thai fish