- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons peeled and thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 hibiscus tea bags
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling water (such as San Pellegrino)
- Put water, ginger, and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; add hibiscus tea bags. Cover and let steep 15 minutes. Pour tea mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl or large pitcher, set in an ice-bath. Stir in lemon juice. Discard ginger and used tea bags. Chill tea mixture in refrigerator until completely cold.
- To serve, pour hibiscus tea mixture into a glass with plenty of ice and top off with desired amount of sparkling water.
Tea can be made several days ahead of time. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Living.