- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4–6 ears fresh sweet corn, in their husks (see Notes)
- Combine all the ingredients except corn in a small bowl and mix until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Heat the grill.
- Peel back the husks from each ear of corn being careful to leave the husks attached. Remove and discard the silk. Spread about half the butter mixture over the corn kernels evenly dividing the butter among the ears of corn. Replace the husks and tightly wrap each ear of corn in a double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Grill the corn for 30 minutes, giving each ear a quarter turn every 10 minutes.
- To serve, carefully remove and discard the foil. Pull back the husks and tie them with string for easier handling. Spread extra butter on corn as desired.
The number of ears of corn this recipe makes depends on how generous you want to be with the butter.
Recipe adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.