- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 large, ripe peaches, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Beat eggs with a whisk in a metal bowl until thick and lemon colored. Bring 1-2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place the bowl with beaten eggs over saucepan and, whisking constantly, heat eggs until they reach 120-130 degrees. Remove from heat. Beat sugar into eggs. Stir in milk, vanilla and almond extract; set aside. Puree peaches in a blender or food processor until only small pieces remain. Stir peaches into egg mixture. Stir in whipping cream. Cover and chill the mixture thoroughly (at least 2 hours).
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions (this may need to be done in batches if your ice-cream maker doesn’t hold 2 quarts). Then, transfer the ice-cream to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until firm, 3 to 4 hours, before serving.
Recipe adapted from Ice Cream by Mable & Gar Hoffman.