These homemade crab and corn ravioli are easy to make at home thanks to wonton wrappers. The browned butter brings out all the delicious flavors of the crab and corn filling.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels cut from 2 ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 30–35 square wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Make filling. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels, red bell pepper and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the corn is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add in half of the chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Gently stir in crab and cook until mixture is warmed through. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
- Make ravioli. Place wonton wrappers on a work surface (3-4 at a time) and in the center of each, place 2 teaspoons of filling. Brush the edges of the wrapper with beaten egg then fold the wrapper in half, enclosing the filling completely and forming a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal, removing any air bubbles as you seal. Transfer the ravioli to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers. Set aside.
- Cook ravioli. Working in batches, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes per batch. With a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a rimmed baking dish lined with a clean dish towel to drain.
- Make browned butter. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking the butter until it starts to get foamy and begins to turn a golden brown. When the butter is a toasty brown and smells nutty, remove it from the heat. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Serve. Divide the ravioli among 5 plates. Drizzle the browned butter over the ravioli and serve.
- The ravioli can be wrapped (but not boiled) up to 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Keywords: wonton ravioli, crab ravioli