- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels cut from 2 ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- 30–35 square wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels, red bell pepper and onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the corn is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add in half of the chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cream and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Gently stir in crab and cook until mixture is warmed through. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
- To make ravioli: Place wonton wrappers on a work surface (3-4 at a time) and in the center of each, place 2 teaspoons of filling. Brush the edges of the wrapper with beaten egg then fold the wrapper in half, enclosing the filling completely and forming a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal, removing any air bubbles as you seal. Transfer the ravioli to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers. Set aside.
- Working in batches, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes per batch. With a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a rimmed baking dish lined with a clean dish towel to drain.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking the butter until it starts to get foamy and begins to turn a golden brown. When the butter is a toasty brown and smells nutty, remove it from the heat. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Divide the ravioli among 5 plates. Drizzle the browned butter over the ravioli and serve.
The ravioli can be wrapped (but not boiled) up to 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.