- 2 scallions, cut into big pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Combine all the ingredients except the chicken in a blender. Purée until well blended. Measure out 4 tablespoons of marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and turn chicken pieces so they are evenly coated. Seal bag, and marinate chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced and marinade is the consistency of thick syrup, 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Grill chicken, covered, for 5-7 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and cooked through; baste chicken occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.