This chicken and veggie pad thai is loaded with healthy veggies and lots of flavors.
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces dried flat rice noodles (medium width)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 4 ounces matchstick cut carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, plus more for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Marinate chicken. In a medium bowl, stir together the water, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha sauce until the sugar is dissolved. Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and add the chicken to the brown sugar-lime juice mixture. Let the chicken marinade while prepping the remaining ingredients.
- Cook noodles. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil over hight heat. When the water is at a rapid boil, add the noodles and stir until all the noodles are submerged. Turn off the heat and let the noodles stand for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- Cook eggs and chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. When the oil is shimmery, pour in the eggs and cook, without stirring, until lightly set, about 20 seconds, then stir well to scramble the eggs. Transfer the eggs to a plate and wipe out the pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat it over high heat until very hot. Carefully pour in the chicken and all the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes at a rapid simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook veggies. To the pan, add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the snow peas and cook 20 seconds. Then add the carrots, green onions, and peanuts. Cook until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
- Toss together. Add the noodles and scrambled eggs and toss the noodles with tongs lifting and stirring the noodles constantly, until the ingredients are well blended and noodles have soaked up most of the liquid.
- Serve. Transfer the pad thai to serving dishes and garnish with lime wedges, cilantro and additional green onions and peanuts.
- The dried flat rice noodles are sometimes labeled as pad thai noodles or pho noodles. They can be found in most grocery stores in the Asian or International Foods aisle.
- Recipe adapted from Chef’d.
Keywords: pad thai, chicken pad thai, thai noodle dish