- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced (I used chicken andouille sausage)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 1½ cups couscous
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for serving
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is well seared, 3-5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until the sausage is heated through.
- Add the onion, garlic, and a generous pinch of salt to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and simmer until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, and saffron and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the couscous, tomato, and peas. Reduce heat to low so broth is at a low simmer, cover the skillet, and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the couscous is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Just Cook It! by Justin Chapple.