- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples (I like honeycrisp apples)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla Greek yogurt, for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In the prepared pan, toss the apple slices with the lemon juice and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the syrup and melted butter and stir together until evenly mixed. Spoon the oat mixture over the apples in an even layer. Bake the crisp for 30-35 minutes until the apples are tender and the topping is slightly crispy. Remove crisp from oven, let cool 3-5 minutes then serve with vanilla yogurt.
I cut the apples into 1/8-inch thick slices.
Recipe adapted from Breakfast in Bed cookbook.