- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a large piece of aluminum foil (about 12×12 inches) with cooking spray. Place the foil on a large shallow baking pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water 5 minutes; the pasta does not need to be cooked all the way at this point. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Stir in olive oil, tomato, green onions, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Spread the orzo mixture on prepared foil leaving a 3 inch border.
- Combine shrimp and basil. Arrange shrimp mixture in a single layer on top of orzo mixture. Spray another large sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place on top of orzo and shrimp (coated side down). Fold over edges of foil to make a tightly sealed packet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Carefully peel back the foil (contents will be very hot) and divide shrimp and orzo among 4 plates. Squeeze additional lemon juice and drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.