- 4 ounces smoked salmon slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Freshly made toast, for serving
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter 4 small, shallow ovenproof baking dishes or ramekins. Divide the smoked salmon among the baking dishes. Use the back of a spoon to make a small indentation in the salmon at the center of each dish. Crack an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle each dish with chopped chives and pepper, then drizzle 1 tablespoon of cream on top of each dish.
- Place the baking dishes on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs have just set. Remove from the oven. Transfer the ramekins to serving dishes using a slotted spatula. Serve with warm toast.
Recipe adapted from the Houston Chronicle.