You could say I am being lazy but I like to think I am just being really relaxed today. The recipe for this grilled crostini with peaches, blue cheese, and honey will hardly seem like a recipe at all. But that’s the point – use it as a guide. It is meant to be casual.
My kids start school in a week so I am trying to savor the last week of summer vacation before the crazy schedule of school and activities begins. There will be swim practices, dance practices, PTO meetings, sporting events, homework, etc. No more slightly late dinners because I felt like lingering over a book or on the computer. But until all that craziness starts up, I want to hold on to the slower pace of summer for just a little while longer. This grilled crostini will fit in nicely. The night I served this, I also set out several cheeses, some fruit, and various sliced meats from the deli like salami, prosciutto, and roast beef. We grilled extra bread and everyone just put together their own combinations. The meal was relaxed and relaxing. Kinda the way life should be.
Have a fun and relaxing weekend.
- Olive oil or garlic infused olive oil (see Notes)
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Mild blue cheese (I used a gorgonzola), at room temperature
- Peaches, with our without peel, sliced
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Put bread on the grill and cook until nicely toasted on both sides.
- Spread blue cheese on the grilled bread and top with peach slices. Drizzle with honey and serve.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2014.